Saturday 11 June 2016

Love and Health

A couple of weeks ago I went to a lecture given by a neuroscientist journalist (don’t ask). She enthralled me with explanations of how we could enhance our feel good factor by increasing the oxytocins in our brain, (again don’t ask). I believe Google can help out, I wouldn’t know, I even have a dinosaur as a pet. Apparently when you fall in love and go all softly moftly, you produce this oxytocin in your brain which gives you that loved up feeling. This information comes from recent research (don’t ask). It also happens when you’re smooching your pet. You didn’t believe me that my pet is a dinosaur – did you?

It also works in the same way with your pet. We’ve all heard how stroking your pet or anyone’s, is beneficial to release stress and helps with depression. I wonder if your oxytocin levels double when having sex? Well, why not?


I love my BB. Black sleek and a green eyed beauty. A gentle loving panther like cat. We have frequent schmoozing sessions day and night. Her purr is more seductive than pillow talk. But that’s due to my age. There is a lot to be said for love as a way of staying healthy in mind. Food and exercise for your body. And love in every shape you find it makes the world a beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment